This crock-pot lentil vegetable soup is savory and comforting for cool fall or winter evenings.
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 6 yellow potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 1/2 cups dried brown lentils
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomato pesto
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- 5 oz (about 3–4 cups) baby spinach
- Parmesan cheese, shredded (optional for garnish)
- Lemon, sliced and squeezed over the top (optional)
- Place carrots, celery, potatoes, onion, tomatoes, lentils, pesto, bay leaves, and Italian seasoning in a crock pot.
- Cook for 8-10 hr on LOW or 4-5 hrs on HIGH.
- Once the cooking time is up add stir in spinach and cook for another 5 minutes or so.
- To serve garnish with parmesan and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Enjoy!
If you make a large batch this soup can be frozen.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Category: Soup, Side dish, Dinner, Lunch
Keywords: Crock-Pot Lentil Vegetable Soup, gluten free, vegetarian friendly, lentil recipe, winter soups, fall soups, easy crock pot meals, slow cooker soups, fall dinner, winter dinner, soup for lunch, vegetable soup