Spring has sprung!
To celebrate winter coming to an end I have come up with this decadent strawberry chia jam oat bars! These bars are the perfect snack with a tangy strawberry basil chia jam filling and a peanut butter oat crust.
Looking for a new flavorful dessert? Try this recipe below!
These strawberry chia jam oat bars pack a flavorful punch with a homemade strawberry basil chia jam and a peanut butter oat crust.
Strawberry Basil Chia Jam:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 3 tsp chia seeds;1 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4–5 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
For the bars:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup protein powder, or flour
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts, I used walnuts
- 1 cup Strawberry Basil Chia Jam
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Jam:
- Place diced strawberries, lemon juice, basil and lemon zest in a medium sauce pan. Cook on medium-high heat. Stir occasionally and continue to cook until the pineapple begin to break down.
- Mash with a fork or blend with an immersion blender to reach desired consistency.
- Add chia seeds and honey. Remove the jam mixture from the heat and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in a container in the fridge for up to 1 week. You can also freeze the jam if you make a larger batch. This strawberry basil chia seed jam pairs great with yogurt and granola, or can be used in a recipe such as these Strawberry Basil Oat Bars.
For the bars:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 rectangular pan with parchment paper covering the bottoms and 3 inches up the sides.
- In a bowl mix together peanut butter, oats, nuts, and honey.
- Pour half of the mixture into the prepared pan and press down the mixture evenly.
- Spread strawberry basil chia jam over the bottom layer.
- Sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture over the top of the pineapple lemon layer.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Once out of the oven let cool for 10-15 minutes. Then cut in 9 rectangular bars. Enjoy!
- Prep Time:30 minutes
- Cook Time:30 minutes
Keywords: strawberry chia jam oat bars, chia seed jelly, gooey fruit bars, snacks, dessert recipe, healthy, strawberry basil jam, how to make chia seed jam
Let me know if you try these bars in the comments section below!
Try these other dessert recipes:
Don’t forget to save this to your Pinterest board!