Although it’s not summer yet, these chocolate peanut butter kiwi pops are perfect for any season! It seems like it just turned spring but summer is already around the corner. Especially here in Georgia, with temperatures heading towards 90 degrees.
When it starts to warm up I love making my own homemade fruit pops. If you have kids this can turn into a fun family project. You just need a few simple ingredients including kiwi, chocolate chips, peanut butter, crushed peanuts, and sprinkles.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Kiwi Pops:
These chocolate peanut butter kiwi pops can be made in just a few easy steps:
- Peel the kiwi and cut in half.
- Slide a popsicle stick up through the center of the kiwi.
- Dip the kiwi into the melted peanut butter and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Dip the peanut butter covered kiwi into melted chocolate and sprinkle on crushed peanuts or sprinkles.
- Place the kiwi pops into the freezer one last time for about 15 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
Some Benefits of the Kiwi Fruit:
- Vitamin C – Did you know kiwi contains more vitamin C than an orange? Two kiwis provide more than double the amount of your recommended daily allowance of vitamin C. This small little fruit packs a powerful punch!
- Potassium – Helps promote heart health.
- Lutein – Aids in protecting your skin and good for your vision.
These chocolate peanut butter pops are the perfect treat for the upcoming summer months.
- 4 kiwi, peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles;8 popsicle sticks
- Parchment Paper
- Peel and cut the kiwi fruit in half. Slide a popsicle stick up through the center of each kiwi. On the side, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the peanut butter for 30-60 seconds. Dip the kiwi into the peanut butter, place them on the baking sheet, and put them in the freezer for 30 minutes.;In another microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate chips for 30 seconds and stir. Continue heating in 30-second intervals and stirring until the chips are fully melted.
- Take the kiwi out of the freezer and dip them into the melted chocolate. Sprinkle each kiwi pop with some sprinkles or peanuts.;Place the kiwi back onto the baking sheet and place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until the chocolate hardens. Serve immediately or store in the fridge.
- Prep Time:50 minutes
- Cook Time:3 minutes
- Category:Dessert, Snacks
Keywords: summer dessert recipes, kiwi pops, fruit pops recipe, chocolate peanut butter kiwi pops, healthy dessert recipes, healthy snack recipes, chocolate covered fruit recipes
Try some of my other fruit dessert recipes such as these loaded apple nachos.
Let me know if you try this recipe for chocolate peanut butter pops in the comments section below!
Don’t forget to save this recipe to your Pinterest board!